Monday, March 11, 2019

Getting to Know Your New Steering Committee Members



Monica Cottrell - Incoming Eastern Pennsylvania Liaison (2019-2021)
  1. Career Advisor at Lehigh Carbon Community College
  2. I joined NACADA to learn more about advising and to network with other advisors
  3. I am looking forward to being more involved in NACADA and am hoping to help others benefit from NACADA membership.
Michele Applegate - Incoming Awards Chair (2019-2021)
  1. Student Services Generalist at Rowan College at Burlington County
  2. I joined NACADA as a Graduate Student in 2015 hoping to network and learn more about the field of advising. I fell in love with the organization because of the people - everyone is so welcoming and kind!
  3. I am looking forward to continuing to grow as an advisor through my experience on the steering committee, as well as getting to know and work with some fantastic people! I am so excited to serve as the Region 2 Awards Chair to help recognize the work that our members do and am looking to increase even more interest in nominating others in the field.
Phylicia Nance - Incoming Maryland Liaison (2019-2021)
  1. University of Maryland Academic Advisor
  2. I joined NACADA in 2016 because I was interested in working in advising and wanted to develop my professional skills within the field by attending conferences and reading NACADA articles about the practice of advising.
  3.  I’m looking forward to getting to know more NACADA members and working on bringing a variety of professional development opportunities to MD advisors.
Meghan Ingstrup - Incoming New Jersey Liaison (2019-2021)
  1. Rutgers University - New Brunswick, School of Communication and Information
  2. I joined NACADA in 2007 to learn more about my new field of academic advising, and quickly decided this would be my professional home!
  3. I am looking forward to meeting and working with the other members of the steering committee to grow our Region. Additionally, I am looking forward to representing our New Jersey membership!
Carrie Egnosak - Incoming Western Pennsylvania Liaison (2019-2021)
  1. Penn State Behrend Academic Adviser
  2. I joined NACADA because of the variety of professional development opportunities.
  3. I’m looking forward to connecting with folks from Western PA and helping them get involved in all that NACADA, and especially Region 2, has to offer!
Lisa Yamin - Incoming Virginia State Liaison (2019-2021)
  1. Assistant Director, Liberal Studies Early/Elementary Education, Virginia Commonwealth University
  2. I joined as brand new advisor for professional development and networking opportunities
  3. I’m looking forward to meeting new members and reconnecting with my NACADA family in Atlantic City this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment